Friday, January 29, 2010

Fond Childhood Memory

As my husband and children are playing out in our whole 3 inches of ice and sleet, I took advantage of the momentary quiet and started another load of laundry.  As soon as I started the drier, I remembered something nice from my childhood I'd forgotten.

When it was cold outside and we would go out to play, Mama would always start the drier.  The vent led into the back yard, and when my sister and I got cold, we would go stand under the vent to get warm.  We would stand under it and let it blow our hair everywhere.  Sometimes we would pull our coats out and let it puff them out.  That drier vent just made it all funner :)

Hope if you are outside in the winter weather you are enjoying yourself.  Be careful and don't forget to come in eventually and get warm!

No comments:

Post a Comment