Saturday, April 24, 2010

Announcing...

Thomas Donovan Segerson!  He was born April 1 at 3:31 p.m.  He was a whopping 6 lbs. 15.8 oz. ( I say that sarcastically) and 19 3/4 inches long.  He has brown hair, dark blue eyes, and already has a darker tan than me (from his daddy's side).

At first, his name didn't seem to really fit, and I was thinking of going back to my previous choice of Joseph.  But now he seems to be growing into it or we seem to be getting used to it.  He's nursing very well, and the Lord has blessed me with a very good milk supply.

Sorry it's taken so long to post even this much.  The birth did not go the way I expected or wanted, and it's taking me a while to deal with it.  I remember everything before we went to the hospital very well, and the same for the pushing part, but almost nothing in between except for terror, sadness, and tears.  So when I can, I will write the birth story based on Dh's notes.

3 comments:

  1. CONGRATS...if I could holler it louder...I would.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry things went badly. I look forward to reading it and helping you sort through it.

    congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! Can't wait to read the whole story. I'm sorry things didn't go the way you wanted them too.

    ReplyDelete