The public schools here began yesterday. The schoolbuses started up, and bleary-eyed children tumbled on them at a quarter to seven and didn't return until 4:30. Our original plan was to begin our school when public school began. But when I got to thinking about it, I wanted to plan something fun and special. So I called my friend here (who will remain anonymous), and we decided the perfect time to get donuts would be when the schoolbuses were finished and the rest of the world was doing their thing. So we called all our homeschooling friends who live close and planned to meet at the donut shop. I woke up my bleary-eyed children, and we all excitedly got ready to meet our friends.
Let me just say that we really like this new tradition, and we all decided that we must do it to begin next year as well and even some in between :) As usual, we all learn from our experiences, even the good ones. So next time, we will change some things. We absolutely packed that donut shop! Next time, we might just get donuts and go to the park to eat them so the children can run around and play it off. I think we will try to find a cheaper donut shop too. Of course, that just may be me. I haven't ever just bought a dozen donuts, and it seemed a trife expensive to me. One of my friends said there is another donut place across town that also has other things on the menu besides donuts and sweet stuff. While I love a good donut, and these were really good, I'm really watching what I eat now that I'm pregnant. I was glad that I ate before we went as they didn't have anything else.
The best part was getting to sit and be with my friends and watching my children laughing and playing and just having fun. We had 5 mothers and 14 children all in one place. The children were all well-behaved and all ages played together happily. One of the workers there commented to me on how good all those children were :) So to all you mothers, and you know who you are - Good job! And let's do it again soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment