
For my last pregnancy, I had a Bradley birth, and I was very impressed with how well this method worked for eliminating the need for pain medications and other interventions. Part of the Bradley plan is to follow a specific diet while you are pregnant, and I was very strict about the things I would allow myself to eat. Once I found out I was pregnant, there was absolutely NO cheating whatsoever. So this time I have followed the plan. (Except for once, one the first day of school - our homeschooling group met at the donut shop, and I allowed myself one glazed donut.) Since then, no cheating on anything.
I am a firm believer that pregnancy cravings can reflect what a woman is needing in particular at that moment. For example, ice cream and pickles could mean an extra need for dairy and salt. This being the case, I have had 4 cravings in particular from the very beginning, and I can't for the life of me figure out what my body needs more of. Fried bologna, hot dogs, my mother-in-law's homemade apple pie, and the biggie - key lime pie! Every time I get hungry, this is all I can think of, especially the key lime pie. Now the hot dogs and fried bologna - I thought that was telling me I needed more protein or something. But just the thought of say hamburger meat makes me ill. Just in case, I'm making double-venison stew for supper. With the apple pie, I thought it meant I should eat more fruit, say apples. So I ate three apples the other day because I would eat one every time I wanted that forbidden pie. It didn't put a dent in that dumb craving. And I have absolutely no idea why I'm wanting that key lime pie so badly. But it's for sure I can't have it. Diabetes runs in my family, and I certainly don't want to tempt gestational diabetes by eating sugary stuff!
What could this mean!?!?!?
I am desperate for some answers if anyone has any.
I am a firm believer that pregnancy cravings can reflect what a woman is needing in particular at that moment. For example, ice cream and pickles could mean an extra need for dairy and salt. This being the case, I have had 4 cravings in particular from the very beginning, and I can't for the life of me figure out what my body needs more of. Fried bologna, hot dogs, my mother-in-law's homemade apple pie, and the biggie - key lime pie! Every time I get hungry, this is all I can think of, especially the key lime pie. Now the hot dogs and fried bologna - I thought that was telling me I needed more protein or something. But just the thought of say hamburger meat makes me ill. Just in case, I'm making double-venison stew for supper. With the apple pie, I thought it meant I should eat more fruit, say apples. So I ate three apples the other day because I would eat one every time I wanted that forbidden pie. It didn't put a dent in that dumb craving. And I have absolutely no idea why I'm wanting that key lime pie so badly. But it's for sure I can't have it. Diabetes runs in my family, and I certainly don't want to tempt gestational diabetes by eating sugary stuff!
What could this mean!?!?!?
I am desperate for some answers if anyone has any.
Hey.
ReplyDeleteNot sure but off the top of my head I would say something you can only get from citrus fruit. Maybe citric acid or something like that. Try eating an orange if you can or some other form of citrus.
I second the citrus fruit. That was my 1st thought. I craved citris with Caroline.
ReplyDeleteHOly Cow, girl, you are good! I usually give in to my cravings. but i have not had ANY this pregnancy.
ReplyDeleteMaybe for the key lime pie you are needing Vit C. Try some oranges????
Bologna...maybe you need some good old MSG. Kidding. I've been loving hot dogs lately but the MSG gives me bad headaches.
Maybe you just need more good fats in your diet..do you use coconut oil?
I went to a natural doctor, and he said the pie cravings are because my blood sugar is dipping a little bit. I need to eat more often. As for the bad "meats", I don't know. We use EVCO in pretty much everything that people would normally use oil in. Every now and then I use EVOO, and sometimes real butter. And I'm allergic to the MSG. I get headaches followed by hives. So I try to stay away from anything associated with them. But we had found a brand of bologna that didn't have it and fried some up the week before I found out I was pg. It wasn't the best, but it was good. Now we can't find that kind anymore. Who knows?
ReplyDelete