Thursday, October 8, 2009

No Water?!?!

Last week, I realized we had no water.  Worried I hadn't paid the bill, I checked.  Tweren't me.  Twas a broken water main in town.  I could be without water for 2 days and possibly lose electricity too.  My friend swooped in and saved me and took us all to her house for the day.  Long story short, we had water later that night.

Fast-forward to today.  I get up, there's water.  All's well in my small little world.  Ds wakes up and is ready to eat.  Well, call me silly, but I usually wash my hands before preparing food.  So I squirt some soap on my hands, lather, and there's no water.  Not a drop.  And I have soap all over my hands.  Now, this time, I KNOW I'm not late on the bill.  Dh calls, and they weren't even aware there was a problem.  In fact, we were the first call.  Somehow, I don't feel special.  Don't know when we'll get water, but I'll sure be glad when we do!

1 comment:

  1. We got water shortly after my post, but within minutes it was gone again. Then it came back on about noon but was the color of milk. We went out for lunch. When we left, we passed the water crew in town fixing a gushing tilted-over hydrant. On our way home, they were gone from there, but they were down the road a little further and water was gushing there now.

    My guess is that when they added in that expensive neighborhood with 133 houses and then added them to the water line, the pipes were just not strong enough to take to extra load.

    *sigh* hopefully, we won't have any more water interruptions...

    ReplyDelete