Thursday, February 25, 2010

Funerals

I'm always so saddened to go to funerals, extra especially the ones for loved ones.  This week, I attended the funeral of a brother in Christ.  He will be so missed by his family and friends! 

I am looking forward to being reunited with Christians who have passed on in paradise.  But even more than that, I am looking forward to heaven, where there will be no more pain, death, or mourning.

5 comments:

  1. I was thinking of this very thing today. An hour ago. We lost my mom in 2006, 20 days after my daughter's first birthday. The one I feel the most for is my daughter. My mom's battle with cancer was long, and we were thankful it was over and that she wasn't suffering anymore. But my daughter doesn't know her grandma. She doesn't know that grandma didn't dress up and use fancy fans, but she did like tea parties and hi-ho-cherry-o's. She doesn't know that grandma loved quilts and all kinds of drawings and paintings and magnets. I miss my momma. I long for Heaven when we will be together again. But I hurt for my daughter.

    Anyway... thanks for letting me vent. (And I'm sorry my comment is so long.)

    Hugs,
    Melinda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen!!!

    When you get old (like me) you start to attend
    more funerals than weddings.

    I don't know how people face death without Jesus.

    God bless you, Ron

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're comment is not too long. It's sharing, and that's important for everyone. Whether they realize it or not. I'm sorry you are missing your momma right now. Hugs to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. EASTER GREETINGS FROM THE OLD GEEZER

    I PRAY YOU AND YOUR FAMILY WILL HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY CELEBRATING RESURRECTION SUNDAY.

    HE IS RISEN!

    GOD BLESS YOU, RON

    ReplyDelete
  5. My prayers are lifting up the families. God bless, Lloyd

    ReplyDelete