Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Speaking the Truth in Love

I was reading an article this morning by Douglas Hoff.  His point was that when we speak the truth in love, we are not being arrogant.  Here are some points that he made.

Declaring there is only one true church Jesus will save is not a mark of arrogance.  It is stating the truth that will save souls (Ephesians 1:22-23).

When people believe one church is as good as another, there is no incentive to seek the true church.

What does it mean to speak the truth in love?  Apparently, some have concluded it means never upsetting anyone.  However, this is not in harmony with God's word.  See Matthew 15:12 and John 6:60-66.

Accusing a person of being arrogant when he stands for the unique identity of the Lord's church makes one a judge of the heart.  Only God can judge a person's heart.

If you are interested, some of his articles (including this one) can be found at Seek The Old Paths.  I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment